Wednesday, March 6, 2013

fresh meat, week 3.




sunday was my third week of fresh meat boot camp.
and the hardest.

i thought to myself at least a thousand times, i cannot take one more step.
i cannot stand up one more minute.

the derby stance is like doing a wall sit... for an hour and a half.
eventually my thighs were like jello.
it was hard for me to stay upright, much less in derby stance.

and my lower back. using muscles that haven't been used in years.
i guess trying to balance yourself on 4 wheels will do that.

but it was also one of the most fun.
while the main group was reviewing for the MSRs, we got a crash course in all the stuff they were doing.

like a knee fall. and a 180 knee fall. and a rockstar fall.
we skated the 25 laps in 5 minutes. (i got 18.. so. hard. with jello legs)
i've made some friends, got out of my comfort zone & tried something new.
the veterans are so helpful and friendly.
i think this can be my thing. ;)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment