Thursday, July 4, 2013

Rodeo or Bust.

Rodeo of the Ozarks.
Fresh squeezed lemonade, giant smoked turkey legs, nachos with jalapenos, fresh popped kettlecorn.
Mixed with a little mutton bustin, barrel racin and monkeys riding dogs to herd sheep.
These are a few of my favorite rodeo things.

I remember going to the rodeo with my Grandma and Grandpa Hutchins.
It seemed so much bigger, like we had to walk for miles between the booths,
in the dirt, to find the cowboy hat stand.
I don't remember anything else about going to the rodeo with them,
only that she would be me a cowboy hat.


Now this year, it was my moms turn to buy Ellie her first rodeo cowgirl hat.
Maybe through the years this will be become a special memory for her,
and she can think back fondly of the time spent with her family.
With a new shiny pink cowgirl hat.





















Kissing cousins



1 comment: