Wednesday, February 13, 2013

date night.

Eric and i have decided to start dating each other again. ;)
We think that with a new baby, it is important to make the time to spend with each other one on one. And hey, we have free babysitters- so why not?

The plan is to alternate months and plan a date night for each other. It can be going out or staying in. The only rule is it has to be thoughtful. Not just a dinner and movie, with no thought involved.

Eric started us off this month and his date was:

A roller derby match!

What made it so thoughtful was that I had seen a flyer a few weeks ago and just mentioned that I thought it would be neat- and Eric had remembered.
Major brownie points to him.

Sunday was date night and Eric works til 4 and he wanted me to be ready by the time he got home. So it was 3 in the afternoon and I haven't even had the chance to shower yet!

How could I when I have this little cutie to play with!

So I managed to get myself together, take Eleanor to my sister's house for some fun and then make it back home to meet Eric. We both wondered on the way there if there would even be anyone else there to watch. What a surprise! Like 200 people there, the parking lot was just packed.


We went and had some BBQ.
We made an effort to talk.
We made an effort to not be on our phones.
We tried to figure out what the heck was going on with the derby competition.

It was SO MUCH FUN! I cannot wait to date my husband and really spend the time with him and connect.

Also, Eleanor came home from her Aunt's house with pink fingernails! oh my word.



No comments:

Post a Comment