Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ten on Thursday

1. I pinned this Pumpkin Butterscotch recipe a couple of weeks ago and immediately went and got the ingredients. And now everything is just sitting in the pantry. (Minus a few lot of butterscotch pieces.)
(link)

2. Eric & I are talking about going to San Francisco in the spring. He grew up in the bay area and I've been dying to go for forever. I already have my excel sheet going with things to do and places to eat. ;)

3. Since my parents are not moving into their new house until after Thanksgiving and have already started packing, we are having Thanksgiving at our house this year. It's exciting and kind of scary. Eric is looking forward to cooking in his "own kitchen" and doesn't want to be in charge of the mashed potatoes. I want this sign to hang:

4. I can't believe it's already Thursday! This week is FLYING by and I think it's because I have to go back to work next Tuesday. Has it already been 6 weeks? Boo.

5. We need to buy a Christmas tree. I think in the 6 years we have been together, we maybe had a tree 1 or 2 years. And I defintely don't know where that tree is now. Even though Eleanor is too little to know if we had a tree or not, I want to start the tradition now. Before we know it, she will be helping us decorate the tree!

6. I had my 6 week post partum doctor appointment today. Everything looks good and I'll go back in four weeks to get the Mirena. We were talking to a lady who works there to see if it was covered by my insurance (it is, thank goodness) and she was telling us it is around $1,000 without insurance. Holy crap.

7. Speaking of Christmas traditions, I want to send out Christmas cards this year for the first time. Starting my search for ideas. :)

8. Ordered these boots today. I've been looking for a pair of flat, brown boots and I'm just crossing my fingers that they fit. I think my feet grew during pregnancy.

 
9. I'm so glad election day is over. And the political commercials are over. And the political comments are dwindling down.

 
 
10. I signed up for Spring semester classes on Monday. After going to NWACC  expecting to pick up a refund check for about $1,000 only to be told I had a hold on my account. Turns out I had a balance of $518 because since I only took one class this semester, my loans were not approved. And I didn't get any percentage of my Pell Grant because my "expected family contribution" was too high. FML. Taking 7 hours next semester, after those 2 classes I'll have 3 left before I recieve my associate's and move on to the University of Arkansas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment