Wednesday, October 9, 2013

party time.

party day!!
my vision for the party was in the backyard,
with a row of games, including pick a duck, ring of fire & bean bag toss.
we watched the weather all week & it was saying the high would be in the low 60s 
with a chance of rain.

and sure enough, when we woke up with thunder and lots of rain.
all day.
i was so disappointed, but we had to scramble onto plan B.
we took Eleanor to my parent's house and got busy.

we were juggling about 500 things ( like the true procrastinaters we are)
- make the cake
-clean the house
- hang the decorations
- stuff the party favor bags
- prep the food for making
-figure out where we were going to put everyone in our little house!
about 1 1/2 before the party, I had to call my mom in for reinforcements.
big thanks to her for going to the store twice for stuff i forgot!!
















the photo booth props were one of my favorite things.
(thanks for my sister to drawing them, my mom painting and my dad cutting out the holes. on the night before the party!)









it didn't come out as planned (and as eric likes to joke I've been planning since Jan)
but we are thankful for our friends and family coming out to celebrate our sweet girl.

Happy Birthday, Eleanor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment