Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Don't Make Resolutions


at least not the year over year kind. But here’s a few things I’d like to accomplish in 2013.
 
1. My biggest goal is to be an encourager. To be the kind of person that everyone would remember me as always having a kind word to say. To be a great role model for Eleanor. To be thoughtful and uplifting to those around me.
 
2. Do at least 5 house projects.
 
3. Write cards and letters to people I love and mail them off. Birthday cards, holiday cards, thinking of you notes, old pictures with memories. Just take a few moments to brighten someone's day. 
 
4. Plan a special surprise weekend getaway for me and my mister.
 
5. To be more adventurous. I don't want to be the family that sits on the couch every night and weekend. I want Eleanor's childhood memories to be filled with picnics and bonfires and chasing the dogs around the backyard. Daytrips and making crafts and just living life to the fullest.

6. Create one night a month that Eric and I have a date night. Cooking together and renting a movie, or going out for dinner or a local performance. Something where the focus is on being together and making memories.

7. Eat takeout only once a week. Big step for us. I would like for it to be less of an everyday thing and more of a treat.

8. Make our first family budget. And really stick to it. To get in the habit of thinking twice before spending money and start building up our savings.

(and obviously I wouldn't mind to lose a few pounds. ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment