Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekly Weigh In

Well, I'm happy to report that I'm 2012 starting this healthier me journey on a good weight loss note!

Week One Stats:

This weeks loss= 9.5 lbs

Total loss= 9.5lbs

I'm very excited about this. I know it was just my first week and most of it was water weight. But seeing the number on the scale is just the kind of motivation I need to keep going on this journey. It took so much willpower to not stop at Sonic and grab a burger or snack at night after dinner when I get the munchies. And I did have a couple of cookies on Sunday, but not the whole box like I might have before. Week one is down and I don't want to turn back.

This Week's Changes


Right now I am doing a 17 day diet, which is a diet set up in phases. I'm only participating in the first phase to get the sugars and toxins out of my body. After this, I plan on joining Weight Watchers again since I lost 30 pounds on it last year before I got pregnant. In this phase of the 17 day diet, it is about eating lean protein and lots of green veggies. I have been much more aware of everything that I am putting in my mouth.

Another thing that has changed is I haven't eaten out in a week. A full week + 1 day. So abnormal for us, since we typically can eat out 4-5 times A WEEK. We have been making things like baked chicken with green beans. Cajun Tilapia with broccoli. Homemade Chicken Stir Fry with lite soy sauce. Chicken Fajitas with a lettuce wrap instead of tortillas. It's all so good, good for us and easier on the budget.

This Week's Goals:

My goal this week is organization. A key for me to not binge is to have my lunch packed and my dinner planned. When I don't know what I'm going to have, I'm more likely to make excuses and eat whatever I want. And probably a lot of it.

Do you have any tips on how to stay organized?

8 comments:

  1. Wow 9.5 lbs in a week, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You did AMAZING this week! I'm here from the link-up! So excited to be on this journey with you! Keep up the great attitude - we can do this!

    Miranda :) www.ournestingplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the Biggest Loser link up. 9.5 lbs! That's awesome! Keep up the good work.

    It's great to "meet" another Arkansas girl, and I look forward to getting to know you through this journey.



    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow way to go! 9.5 pounds is amazing and a great start!!! I don't know how organized I am. I just try to consciously be aware of what I am eating throughout the day. I think as long as you make the decision to do that and be mindful then it will work out :) Glad to have you along for the journey!!! xoxo Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came over from linkup!! Way to go girl!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad we can do this together! And I am so excited to follow along with your journey. Oh and your little girl is so freaking precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAY TO GO -- you are going to be rocking SKINNY in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic first week!!!
    Stopping by from the Biggest Loser link. Wish you the best with your weight loss!

    Nonny
    www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete