Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sew Much Fun.

I got a sewing machine for Christmas, and I have been having so much fun with it.
I have been looking up tutorials and Pinning ideas and printed off a couple of patterns.
 
But my biggest problem is just sitting down and actually SEWING something!
 
So far, I've made 2 pairs of ruffle pants, a few burp cloths and a couple appli
que on shirts.
But my FAVORITE thing I've made so far, is this sweet little peasant dress. I think I'm going to add a couple ruffles on the front, but it is just so precious. (Or maybe it's my model making it so cute?)
 

It took me two solid nights trying to get this dress done. My sidekick isn't really into playing on the floor while mom sews, so I have to work around her or when Eric gets home from work. ;) And half the time I get something all the way pinned on and realize I did it backwards. But eventually I got it all right, and it turned out pretty darn cute.
 


I have looked into taking a basic sewing class so I won't feel so intimidated, and I am supposed to meet with a girl in the next couple of weeks who makes clothes for her little girl. So I think with some more practice, Eleanor will have lots of cute outfits in the future!

1 comment: